Monday, February 06, 2006

'Greek' Meatballs

Meatballs: 1 pound ground chuck 1 egg half an onion, minced 1/2 cup breadcrumbs or matzah meal (quick cooking oats work, too, I hear, but I've never tried it) a shot of lemon juice salt, pepper to taste I added about a tsp each of dried mint and dried oregano. mix everything together and form into 1" balls with the palms of your hands. Fry in a few Tb of oil in a heavy pan over medium/medium high heat (If this is the first time you are making them, test one, and moderate the heat so that when the meatball is nicely browned on the outside, the inside is cooked.) The noodles are just egg noodles, cooked according to the package, and tossed in a Tb of butter. Yogurt sauce: 1/3 of a cucumber, diced about a cup and a half of plain whole milk yogurt 2 cloves of minced garlic salt and pepper mix the ingredients together and refrigerate so that the flavors meld.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for accepting me and allowing me to rent space on your blog. I really appreciate it!!!!!!!!

2/07/2006 03:05:00 PM  
Blogger Saerah said...

I love dill, too. I didn't have any, though :(

2/08/2006 03:06:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty plates. What kind are they?

2/08/2006 06:52:00 AM  
Blogger Saerah said...

some cheap stoneware that I got at Meijer. The rest of my dishes came from the salvation army and value village :)

2/08/2006 10:54:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home