Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Midnight snack.

I had a massive craving for garlic this evening, and I had ricotta and some leftover spaghetti in the fridge. Therefore: Spaghetti Aglio Olio for one alla Saerah 2 cups or so cooked pasta 4 cloves garlic, minced (hey, at least I wont get bitten by a vampire :>) 2 TB olive oil a few pinches of crushed red pepper a few pinches of freshly ground fennel seed a few TB ricotta cheese salt and pepper Cook the pasta and set aside. (Or you can be lazy like me and use leftovers.) Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic, crushed red pepper, and fennel. Cook, stirring often, for just a minute or two, and make sure that the garlic does not brown. Add the cooked pasta and toss with the garlic and oil. Serve with ricotta cheese and lots and lots of pepper. Fresh parsley is really nice with this, but alas, I have none. Aldi doesn't carry fresh parsley and I was too beat to make another stop on my way home from doing laundry at my mom's.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home